*****New Class Date*****
Class has been changed to April 10th - 11th, 2018
This class is hosted by NTFIA, and open to law enforcement only!
Sponsored by: Nationwide Insurance & NTFIA
Garland Fire Deparment
1500 Hwy 66, Garland, TX 75040
04/10/2018 - 04/11/2018
Registration limited to Public sector Fire Investigators and TCOLE-certified law enforcement officers.
The course combines classroom and hands-on training with practical exercises on how to conduct a systematic and accurate examination of burned vehicle. Extended focus will be given to signs of forced entry and manipulation of ignition systems and identifying normal conditions affected by fire damage. Additional instruction will also be given to potential signs of arson and intentional tampering causing mechanical or electrical failures.
Because some vehicle reconstruction is required, participants should bring a helmet or hardhat, coveralls, boots, and other personal protective equipment. All materials given will be electronic only.
Upon Completion: Participants will be able to:
• Understand vehicle design mechanical and electrical systems
• Apply knowledge of potential arson causes
• Apply knowledge of normal conditions affected by fire and intentional tampering prior to fire development
• Document, photograph and collect evidence from the fire scene
• Investigate in accordance with NFPA 921 and 1033
• Apply the scientific method, while examining and reporting the investigation process
Special Thanks to Nationwide Insurance for their generous sponsorship